Oklahoma School for the Deaf
1100 East Oklahoma Avenue
Sulphur, Oklahoma, 73086.
The vision at OSD is that Deaf and Hard of Hearing students in the State of Oklahoma have the same opportunities as all children to be successful in a barrier-free environment.
The Oklahoma School for the Deaf provides a quality education to all students in a way that:
- Continually increases expectations for and achievements of every student.
- Develops a healthy self-esteem, intrinsic motivation, and strong work habits in all students.
- Creates a safe, barrier-free learning environment.
- Meets the challenge of educating a culturally and economically diverse student population.
- Stimulates continuous professional growth which ensures effective and innovative classroom instruction.
- Engages parents as equal partners in their child's education.
- Unifies the community to make school improvement a priority.